Laikipia East Technical and Vocational College-Enhancing Competence.
Laikipia East Technical And Vocational was built by the Government (Ministry of education) in Laikipia county.
Built at an approximated cost of shs. 50 million, the college opened its doors to the first batch of students in September 2018 and is expected to enroll up to 2000 students in the next few years.
Impressively, despite its relatively young age, the college has over 25 different diploma and certificates courses on offer.
Here is all you need to know about the newest educational gem in the wider Laikipia County:
Where is Laikipia East Technical and Vocational College?
Physical location: Laikipia East Technical and Vocational College is located in the expansive Ngobit ward along the Nyeri-Nyahururu highway.
How to Access the College: The college is in Marina trading centre, just past Nairutia mini-town. You can board a Matatu bound for Nyahururu at Nyeri (or a Matatu to Nyeri from Nyahuru).
In both cases, you alight at Marina trading center.
To promote quality and relevant education through training, research and innovativeness to enhance competence among our stakeholders.
- Equity – The College offers quality services to all irrespective of age, ethnicity, race or people with special needs.
- Respect – The College always emphasize on mutual respect by all our stake holders.
- Integrity – The College promotes integrity in all its endeavors by being honest and transparency.
- Innovative – The College promotes and implement any innovative idea or technology in delivery of its mandate.
- Adaptability – The College is ready to adapt changing needs of its customers to enhance customer satisfaction.
To be a leader institution in training,research and quality service through high quality and affordable training.
Why Study at Laikipia East Technical and Vocational College?
There are several reasons why Laikipia east TVC could favor you as a student.
- Fees assistance: One, you could be one of the beneficiaries of the attractive bursary program run by the Laikipia county government. You see, the county administration is committed to boosting enrolment in the vocational training institutes under its jurisdiction and has been offering various incentives to this end including bursaries to help you pay college fees. Besides, students get the government fees subsidy (via KUCCPS) and HELB loans (for the qualifying applicants).
- Incredible Facilities: Like other institutions under the state department of vocational and technical education (ministry of education) across the country, Laikipia technical training institute has received state-of-the-art equipment worth tens of millions of shillings from the government.
You will, therefore, enjoy the top-notch training from these gain gold-standard training facilities.
The workshops, computer labs, and even lecture halls are simply world class.
Additionally, the institute has recruited experienced trainers and tutors so students are in very safe hands.
- Internship facilitation: The College helps its learners obtain relevant industrial skills by connecting them to internship opportunities and technology transfer openings in and outside the county. Of course, securing an attachment position can be a hustle so this is quite thoughtful of the institute.
- Marketable courses: All of the institute’s courses are in line with the much-praised vision 2030 and are designed to meet the demands of the country’s competitive job market.
Learn from the very best
Join our course and start building the most wanted career available today. We make sure every class is easily understood, and that all students reach the same level of expertise needed for today’s hi-tech industry.